WAYS TO HELP MCC
Make a Donation
Making a financial donation to MCC is your opportunity to help resolve conflict, increase understanding, improve communication, and preserve relationships.
We depend on donations from our supporters to:
- make mediation available to everyone regardless of their ability to pay. We offer a sliding fee scale for low-income clients.
- mediate court referrals at no cost to the clients. We are reimbursed only a fraction of our cost to provide this service.
- provide workshops and co-parenting classes at reduced fees in order to educate the public on effective ways to resolve conflict.
- provide training to our volunteers.
To make a donation, send a check to MCC, Box 133, Charlottesville, VA 22902, or click on the PayPal link at the top of this page. Thank you!
Recommend MCC for a Grant
Volunteers take on a variety of responsibilities and provide essential program services. Some opportunities include:
- Mediator: Become a Volunteer Mediator
- Office Help: Help with general office work such as data input, answering and making phone calls, client intakes.
- Committee Member: Serve on the Fundraising, Finance, or Publicity committees.
- Consultant: Provide consultative services in technology, finance, law, graphic arts and other areas.
- Community Education: Make presentations and conduct workshops to educate the public about mediation, conflict management, and co-parenting.
- Internships: Our interns come from UVA (undergraduates and graduate students) and the UVA School of Law. Other interns will be considered.
Support Mediation in Virginia
Buy a “Community Peacebuilding” Virginia state license plate. Member organizations of Resolution Virginia — MCC is a member — receive $15.00 of the $25.00 plate fee. You can purchase a plate at the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles or by visiting their website at www.dmv.state.va.us