Register for Co–Parenting: Making It Work by selecting a class date listed below and adding it to the cart, or contact the Mediation Center of Charlottesville at email@example.com or call 434.977.2926.
NOW AVAILABLE LIVE ONLINE
Co–Parenting: Making It Work is a 4-hour educational program for anyone serving as a parental figure. In most cases, co-parenting refers to raising children in separate homes because the parents have separated or divorced, and, while no longer living together, they continue to be involved in parenting their children. Co-parenting can also involve grandparents or other persons who have assumed parenting responsibilities.
The Co-Parenting class is conducted by experienced family mediators or trainers certified by the Supreme Court of Virginia. The curriculum has been approved by the Court, and attendance is mandated for parties to any petition where a child’s custody, visitation, or support is contested. The class focuses on:
- The effects of the end of the adults’ relationship on their own emotions and ability to parent effectively
- Techniques to manage anger, reduce conflict, and communicate with the former partner to achieve results that are in the best interests of the children
- Making parents aware of the effects of separation/divorce on children, and how to respond to their children’s behaviors
- How to provide guidance and discipline in a positive manner and build children’s self-esteem
- Parental responsibilities
- MCC is offering this class online at this time, using the Zoom platform. Changes to this policy will be posted.
- This is a 4-hour class that meets in one session. All times are Eastern Time.
- Please note that co-parents are not scheduled to attend the same session. If you select a date already scheduled by your former partner, you will be contacted and offered a different date.
- See the sidebar at right for Registration and Payment Information.
UPCOMING CO-PARENTING DATES:
To Register, select a class below and add to cart
October 8: Saturday at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Register by 10/5)
November 12: Saturday at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Register by 11/9)
People who have attended the class have said:
“Great class! All parents should take it. “Very informative!”
“The video is illuminating; what they said made so much sense.”
“This class is well worth the fee!”
“Thanks for the help in seeing other ways to take action.”
“Everything was well-presented, and the manual is great.”
“The two instructors make a great team.”
“The manual and video were both terrific.”
“I learned a great deal.”
“It helped me consider if my actions are hurting or helping my children.”
“Great class! Job well done!”
Call for directions to the Co-Parenting: Making It Work class location.